Curious to know where Austin’s elite call home? Based on data from ESRI, the Austin Business Journal recently assembled a list of Austin’s wealthiest zip codes. For two years in a row, the 78746 zip code west of Austin sits at the top of the list. Rankings were based on factors like population, home values, income, and net worth. Check out Austin’s wealthiest zip codes for 2017:
1. 78746- This zip code is made up of the exclusive suburbs of Westlake, Rollingwood, and parts of Barton Creek. With home prices averaging in the millions, it’s no surprise that this zip code was named number one in Austin. The top-rated Eanes ISD school district, local shopping districts, and proximity to downtown also make 78746 one of the most desirable areas to call home. Browse homes for sale in 78746.
2. 78738- Tucked away in the hill country, the 78738 zip code includes the city of Bee Cave and parts of Lakeway. Lake Travis, golf courses, shopping centers, and new entertainment venues like the Backyard have fueled the area’s growth of wealthy residents. High-end neighborhoods like Spanish Oaks, Belvedere, and the Hills of Lakeway feature exquisite homes. Browse homes for sale in 78738.
3. 78737- Located between Southwest Austin and Dripping Springs, 78737 sits at the edge of the hill country. This zip code includes both master-planned communities like Belterra and Highpointe, as well as luxurious enclaves like the Estates of Lewis Mountain. Residents enjoy close proximity to downtown but are far enough to appreciate seclusion away from city life. Browse homes for sale in 78737.
4. 78733- Rising up one spot since last year, 78733 includes some of the Austin area’s most exclusive neighborhoods along Bee Cave Road just west of Highway 360. Seven Oaks, Angelwylde, Senna Hills, and the brand new neighborhood, Lakes Edge, feature luxurious homes with desirable amenities. Residents choose to call this area home for its top-rated schools, quiet hill country location, and close proximity to amenities in Lakeway and central Austin. Browse homes for sale in 78733.
5. 78731- Found in Northwest Austin, 78731 encompasses much of the homes between Spicewood Springs Road, Loop 360, Mopac, and 35th Street. This area is coveted for its central location and gorgeous homes tucked away in the hills. Neighborhoods like Cat Mountain, Northwest Hills, and Highland Hills offer a mix of high-end original abodes and brand-new, custom-built residences. Browse homes for sale in 78731.
Ready to call the Austin area home? Our experts have the experience and market expertise you need to buy a home in Austin. Contact us today for more information about Austin real estate.