Curious to know where some of Austin's most affordable neighborhoods are? Based on median sales information from Austin's Multiple Listing Service, we've put together a list of some of the most inexpensive places to live around Austin. Check out the most affordable zip codes for 2017 below, and click here to see all Austin zip codes.
1. 78617- This zip code is made up of the quiet, out-of-the-way neighborhoods of The Trails at Stoney Ridge and Lexington Parke. Home prices here average in the low $200s, and feature one and two story floor plans with plenty of options for expanding. This area may feel far out, but has easy accessibility via 71 and 183, just a short drive from Central Austin. Browse homes for sale in 78617.
2. 78719- Tucked away in rural Southeast Austin, the 78719 zip code encompasses a large amount of farmland featuring spacious yards and ranches. Neighborhoods like Del Valle, which has its own independent school district, and Thoroughbred Farms are just two of the neighborhoods that can be found in this sprawling area. Browse homes for sale in 78719.
3. 78724- This zip code is just on the cusp of affordability in East Austin. Neighborhoods here include Agave, a growing community with a mixture of modern and classic homes, and Tiermo and Forest Bluff, newer communities just minutes from 130, giving residents easy access to all that Austin has to offer. \.
4. 78725- Right next to the previous zip code on the list is 78725, and these homes continue the trend of hosting a variety of types of homes all in a convenient location just outside of Central Austin. Homes here range in value from the $100s to the $300s, so there's a little something for everyone in these neighborhoods, including Knollwood on the Colorado, Craigwood, and the large Austin's Colony. Browse homes for sale in 78725.
5. 78742- Found in Southeast Austin, this zip code may be the most budget-friendly on the list. Featuring neighborhoods like Richland Estates with homes in the $100s, residents can take advantage of the affordability while enjoying spacious yards and a convenient location close to the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Ready to call the Austin area home? Our experts have the experience and market expertise you need to buy a home in Austin. Contact us today for more information about Austin real estate.